Can people that were outbid or late to the auction still donate to Unicef's India Response as part of this effort?
The answer is YES!
If you send us your Unicef receipt at email@example.com by SUNDAY May 16th we will include your donation in our total raised! Thanks so much!
The KidLit Community is coming together to raise money for the Covid crisis in India! Bid on Signed Books, Book Swag, Editor and Agent Critiques and more and help raise money for the Unicef USA India Covid Relief Effort!
BACKGROUND: The second wave of the Covid 19 pandemic has become a humanitarian crisis in India. There is currently great need and suffering and it is critical to get help on the ground as soon as possible to save lives (note: this crisis is no longer limited to India within the subcontinent; as we write this Nepal is also facing a deadly Covid second wave).
HOW IT WORKS:
1) The auction will take place from May 7, 2021 @12 noon EST to May 9, 2021 @11:59 pm EST.
2) Bid on items by commenting below the item with your bid amount (all bids must be in increments of $1 USD, but can be more). Unless otherwise noted, all physical items will be shipped within North America.
- Tip 1: Use the <<previous button at the bottom of a page to find all items. Only 10 items are displayed at a time! Some of our earliest donors are all the way in the back since it lists last items entered first.
- Tip 2: Use the search button at the top of the ITEMS FOR AUCTION page to find your favorite authors, agents, and editors!
3) Once you've bid, you've committed to donating that amount to the UNICEF USA India Covid Relief Effort if your bid is the highest (so only bid on an item if you're prepared to pay that amount at the end of the auction).
4) If you're the winning bidder for an item you will be notified by Books for Hope. You will need to email a receipt of your donation to the UNICEF USA India Covid Relief Effort. Please don't submit receipts until you've been notified you've won. Once we receive proof of your donation, we will put you in touch with the individual in charge of the item you've won!